June 19, 2014

Tappan Zee Tank

Yes, I actually have another pattern completed.  I've been working on this on and off for the past year, mostly under the radar.  There's a couple of reasons for that.  One, it's a garment, which is by nature bit more complex.  Two, while it's not a super complicated pattern, it's not a beginner's pattern either.  Three, I corrected my design process, went through a few ideas until I found one that worked with the yarn, and then actually sat down and most everything correctly, including hiring a tech editor.  The last is that I did this on top of everything else I do.

Much of this is also related to the fact that the other thing I decided along the way was that I'd put enough effort into this pattern to warrant selling it.

Anyway, all that is done and I'm proud to say, here you go!  My first for sale pattern.

Tappan Zee Tank

Pictures copyright Samantha Thomaier

I named this tank after the Tappan Zee Bridge because, not only was it the second plan of another bridge-named tank, but also the tank's diagonal line design mimics the strong diagonal lines that make up its superstructure. 

The pattern is for sale only on Ravelry, and is as of now priced at $5.00 (US).  Click here for the Ravelry page, or click the following button to purchase: 
 

Craft Type


Knitting

Skill Level


Intermediate level, as it involves standard increases and decreases, shaping, basic crochet, and following multiple directions at the same time (including a element that occurs at different rates). 

Sizing


32” (34”, 36”, 38”, 40”, 42”, 44”, 46”)
[81.3 (86.4, 91.4, 96.5, 101.6, 106.7, 111.8, 116.8) cm]

Gauge


20 stitches x 30 rows per 4” [10cm]

Yarn and Yardage


Valley Yarns Goshen (Worsted weight, 92 yds/skein, 48% Cotton, 46% Modal, 6% Silk):
3 (4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5) skeins for color A
3 (3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4) skeins for color B

Needles and Hooks


US 5 [3.75mm] 24” circular needle
US G [4 mm] crochet hook


Happy knitting!

_________
Ug, code generators.  The markup's a bit messed up.  Think I fixed it but if it looks wacky in your browser, I'm sorry.  I'll clean it up at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment